Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteers needed - Rotary, Huron Shores Run June 1st 2024
Big Grin 
Volunteers Needed
Huron Shores Run Saturday June 1st 2024.
Now that the Trillium Venture Exercise is finished it's time to look ahead to the other events GBARC supports every year.

I was approached by the head race marshal and asked if GBARC would once again support this important event. 

This charity event, is sponsored by the Rotary Club, 
and raises money for the Southampton Hospital.

This is a half marathon leaves Southampton at the north end of the course then travels south to Port Elgin where runners and walkers then turn around and return to the start finish line in Southampton.

The race commences about 8:00 AM Saturday morning and is normally completed by 12:00 noon. There is both a long course and shorter courses. It also involves runners, walkers of all ages and often family groups. 

This year the overall course has been changed and part of the long course involves running a loop of streets inside a residential neighbourhood in Port Elgin.  

Ideally I need six volunteers to ensure proper coverage of the event. We normally used the Port Elgin a meter repeater. This repeater can be reached with an HT across the race venue, however a 50 watt mobile is preferred.

If you are free and willing to support this event please send an email reply to Marvin VE3VCG at my personal gmail account mdoublester@gmail.com. You can also email me via Winlink from any account to ve3vcg@winlink.org I will be checking all accounts daily.

This is a fun event, and usually a nice morning out in support of a good cause.