Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Trillium Venture
Thumbs Up 
[Image: WD.0503-WD-Military7.jpg?quality=90&stri...jY7Hmq0xyw]
Reservists from the 31st Canadian Brigade Group take part in Exercise Arrowhead Response in Woodstock in 2019. Photo by Postmedia files /jpg, WD

Sun Times Article

President's Message To All Members of GBARC:

Recently I was contacted by John, VE3JHD, First Chairperson of the Hamilton Amateur Radio Club, to help recruit HAM Radio, volunteers for a Military Training Exercise called Trillium Venture. The event, conducted by the 31st Canadian Brigade Group, and will take place on May 3, 4, 5, 2024, in Huron and Bruce Counties

I was advised that this exercise will involve amateur radio operators in some capacity. I am attaching an article from the recent Owen Sound Sun Times

https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/news/l...on-may-3-5  

The article provides more information about the scale and scope of the exercise this large multi-county exercise.

I have been in contact with the commander of the unit and asked specifically where HAM operators would be deployed and what function we'll serve. I also asked how many operators would be needed. My email was forwarded to someone in the unit who will be "tracking down" that information for me. Once I know more I will share with others.

I encourage member of GBARC to consider stepping forward as a volunteer to help with this very large exercise, if asked by the organizers to do so. This is a practical real world demonstration of what emergency communications would look like and so excellent practice. This is a good opportunity to test your gear and yourself, and to be ambassadors for amateur radio.

If you wish to volunteer please email me at //ve3vcg@winlink.org  When using this address please use it exactly as written and include the // You may also send email to my gmail account mdoublester@gmail.com

[url=https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/news/local-news/military-training-exercise-coming-to-bruce-county-on-may-3-5][/url]