Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WFD 2024
After spending the afternoon with club WFD event in Ferndale, Ontario and lot of time left to get some of my own WFD contacts. 
It wasn't till almost 8:00 pm local when I made first QSO. I did a little S&P for first little while then started Running and QSOs started piling up. Near midnight the bands faded out except for 160 meter which was really packed with the 160 meter CW contest so I didn't bother calling CW WFD and I didn't hear anyone else doing the same. Decided to call it a night after logging 150 QSOs.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz time. 
Got back to it again early morning about 5:00 am but it was slim picking until around 8:00 am. I managed to get few more QSOs on 80 meters then 40 meters opened up and was really productive as well as 20 meters. Snagged few on 15 meters but nothing on 10. By Sunday noon I didn't hear many new stations so called it a day. 

All in all, it was still fun. I could only qualify for 2 Objectives; points and operating 6 hours.

I worked 2 stations which were probably most active this WFD.
W4LX from Ft. Myers, FL operating 14O SFL and N5ILQ from Oklahoma, operating 11H OK.

My operating stats below

[Image: 2024-WFD-VE3-FD-stats.png]
73, Adam ve3fp