Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruce Peninsula Multi-sport Race (BPMR)
The BPMR event will be held this coming weekend on Saturday August 12th starting out in Wiarton as usual with a HAM radio net activated.  As in past years the race has been held, HAM radio operator volunteers are an essential part of the race safety communication network across the 100km race course.  The following link is provided for those of you that are interested in volunteering to let the race organizers know you will be participating as a HAM radio communicator and your event T-shirt size.

BPMR Volunteer Form

Fill out the form and at the bottom of the form before submitting it, identify yourself as a "HAM radio operator" just like the attached photo at the end of this post.

I also ask anyone that is participating to let me and Marvin know of your participation by adding a reply to this post so that we can place you at one of the important communication points on the course.  I will be there for the 7am water portion race start and ask anyone that will participate to report to the Wiarton Arena Net Control in person for 8am or earlier for registration and location assignment for the day.  Further details for race day will be handout once checked in at Net Control.

I also ask if you can ensure your radio has the following frequencies programmed that may be used on race day:

OSR Repeater               146.940- MHz Tone 97.4
OST Mobile Repeater     146.895- MHz No tone
Lions Head Repeater      146.715- MHz Tone 156.7
Simplex Hailing Freq.     146.520  MHz

I thank you in advance for your participation in this event.

Cheers

Frank

VA3-GUF / VE3-GUF / VE3-VET

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)