Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Heil K9EID news
From a group and Facebook page that I follow.  This is a message from Bob Heil K9EID and why he has not been on the air as of late.

Have missed each and everyone of you but need to let everyone know what has happened since June 30.  Mid June I began feeling weakness in my legs, each days bit more. So much Sarah got me a rolator walker.  I had to quit driving and sold my car.  I could still walk a bit  but used the walker when going to restaurants, etc.  June 30 woke up and when I started to getup of bed, my legs folded under me. Could not support me . Sarah called 911and journey began. Off to Siteman in Shiloh, 15 min from our house.

4 days in  hospital, 2 weeks in  great rehab facility. Since June8, no computer and of course no radios. Don’t have enough strength or power to turn the T90 or anything else on!  Yesterday I was transported to a beautiful assistant living facility in Shiloh where I will be a month and more. Today my step son Ash, brought my computer. I now can communicate a bit with my friends although it’s difficult. I have nyropothy in my toes and fingers. Have no power to hold or pick up anything. Can’t even make a fist  Difficult to eat but i get it done. Type with 1 finger . Have to have someone pick me up to the bathroom, shower,etc.  Of course I can’t stand or walk.

I have stenosis where my spinal cord is pinching the nerve core in neck and in the lumbar.  Put it all together and I have three serious things that came up at same time. Muscular degeneration, stenosis and serious nyropothy. (Spelling)….been seeing neosurgesons, etc.  JULY 27 see the neologist and he holds the key after all the tests,etc.

Just wanted to fill each of you in before rumors and miss information hits the internet .  I feel good as long as I am sitting.Really good.  I eat well. Food is great and now as I have my computer, I will now have things to keep me busy.  I have missed some of the morning AM MOKAM net that I have been a part of since around 2005 and sadly miss each of you.  No more hamfests. And trips with ED or trips to Ashland to teach me how to build on pinboard but I know not of what future of my life lies ahead.  I love and miss each of you.
I met Bob Heil at a York Region hamfest a few years ago. He gave a presentation (on microphones and audio processing). He is quite a character - for a little guy and very knowledgeable too.
John VA3KOT
Blog: HamRadioOutsideTheBox.ca