Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can we attract and retain members?
So Gentlemen, I think we have a great club formed by a great set of amazing minds and personalities.  I can't find anything I like on TV because it lacks the sophistication my brain craves.  I walk into GBARC and we have engineers and technology-oriented people from every discipline.  I could not ask for more.  The more I get to know you one-on-one, the more grateful I am.

I am sorry Paul has left us.  I have been out to his place a few times and was so impressed with hi satellite setup, I wanted to leave that open as an option for me down the road. When I bought my IC-9700,  did everything I could to connect with Paul to no avail.

I feel a bit bad for myself at the moment because my tongue surgery has taken longer to heal than I anticipated, but I have heard the journey can be up to 5 years.  In the mean time, I put my time in, spend money and embrace our fellowship with the same enthusiasm today as I did in 2020, or even 1964 when I was first introduced.

I just glanced over this subject with John a while back through email, but I did not go into any details with him.  From a conversation Richard and I were having last fall, I gathered out in the country DMR was a popular option.  Richard and I talked about APRS, new people entering our hobby, and minimizing our expenses.

It is my opinion if we opened up VE3OSR to the digital world, we might have an oppurtunity to capture new members coming up into our retirement community, plus open up new technologies to experiment with at the club level.  I don't know if it would be DMR, D-Star or Fusion, but I think we could make a decision and give it a trial for one year.

Roger's is 'HAM friendly' by tradition.  We would need a Roger's Internet hub which would give our repeater Internet access using cellular.  It might cost $50 or $60 a month, but in my opinion it would be worth the try because it would be something new and it might open a few doors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can we attract and retain members? - by Rob_Walker - 2023-01-27, 13:35:09