Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for club projects
During my recent presentation with regard to expanding Emergency Communications capabilities using Community Mesh-Networks, I touched only briefly on the potential failure of the power grid. This is a large topic which can't be properly discussed during a brief presentation. I revisit it here because I feel it is very important all people, and especially to all radio operators.

I have spent considerable time researching the topic and am fairly familiar with the largest threats. Each time there is a major disruption to power important lessons are learned. However, most of those lessons are not well translated for the benefit of everyone who relies on grid power to maintain a our lives. The video I'm sharing does an excellent job of breaking down the issues and threats to the power grid. It is 15:44 minutes long and worth every minute to watch.

I hope you will take the time to watch and then join me to begin and maintain an open and ongoing discussion about
how best to have reliable power for more than just radio operations. For me backup power is tied to many other issues and so touches virtually every aspect of our lives. When we talk about power, we need to talk about everything. It's a big subject we should not ignore. Here is the link to the video.

https://youtu.be/1Dt1ze_XaNk

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for club projects - by Marvin VE3VCG - 2021-03-13, 08:05:24
RE: Ideas for club projects - by VE3WI Dave - 2021-03-14, 18:00:39
RE: Ideas for club projects - by Marvin VE3VCG - 2021-03-14, 22:50:55