If you are registering, please use your callsign as your username. If you don't have a callsign yet, use your firstname and the Initial from your last name, like John M

MDZhB 4625 kHz

News, Announcements, Items of interest, Club events, notices
ve3efq

MDZhB 4625 kHz

Post by ve3efq » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:38 pm

Years ago, when in the woods I had but a shortwave receiver, I used this one - dx-342 and, later, this one - Eton E-100.

I'd often find strange broadcasts when sitting in the shelter after marching all day where I was pretty much too tired to do anything but tune around until I fell asleep. I even picked up some of the mysterious numbers stations - many recording of these are found here, the Conet Project. There is even an action movie made about this subject: The Numbers Station.

It seems that international political intrigue and radio are still ongoing and, if there is ever again some sort of large scale conflict, these sorts of communication strategies will make a resurgance.
“MDZhB”... Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, for the last three-and-a-half decades, it’s been broadcasting a dull, monotonous tone. Every few seconds it’s joined by a second sound, like some ghostly ship sounding its foghorn.
“MDZhB” has been broadcasting since 1982. No one knows why.
0 x