Page 1 of 1

travelling abroad

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:18 pm
by ve3pav
hello,i'm wondering if anybody in the club has travelled to europe with there radio to operate.what is required if any is needed ie:special licence.

Re: travelling abroad

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:36 pm
by ve3efq
Some countries have reciprocal agreements. When I was in Kazakhstan I was supposed to get a call sign from their government but the inefficient bureaucracy was incapable of doing this task for many years so I never did get a call sign from there. I do remember looking online for the table of reciprocal agreements.

I'd start here:;

That's what I read when I was living overseas.

What might be most relevant is CEPT:

Kevan, 'WMG, he is a bit up to date on this for he had a UK permit before coming here.

Some restrictions apply, if I remember correctly, depending on your qualification level too.