If you are registering, please use your callsign as your username. If you don't have a callsign yet, use your firstname and the Initial from your last name, like John M

travelling abroad

News, Announcements, Items of interest, Club events, notices
Post Reply
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 7:16 pm
x 1

travelling abroad

Post by ve3pav » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:18 pm

hello,i'm wondering if anybody in the club has travelled to europe with there radio to operate.what is required if any is needed ie:special licence.
0 x

User avatar
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:37 am
x 7

Re: travelling abroad

Post by ve3efq » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Some countries have reciprocal agreements. When I was in Kazakhstan I was supposed to get a call sign from their government but the inefficient bureaucracy was incapable of doing this task for many years so I never did get a call sign from there. I do remember looking online for the table of reciprocal agreements.

I'd start here: http://www.arrl.org/international-operating;

That's what I read when I was living overseas.

What might be most relevant is CEPT: http://www.arrl.org/cept

Kevan, 'WMG, he is a bit up to date on this for he had a UK permit before coming here.

Some restrictions apply, if I remember correctly, depending on your qualification level too.

0 x

Post Reply