Well I modelled up a 5 elements version of the 3 element that I built already to get a design to plan for.
results look pretty good.
Optimised for both low swr and maximum gain this time around.
I find it best to look for low swr first with driven element length, followed reflector spacing for low swr.
then used director spacing as the parameter for max gain.
That is the short version at least. The software goes thru many steps to optimise and it seems to do a pretty good job. Sure saves a ton of experimenting time!
So here are the outputs and dimension drawing for it.
This will be an up and coming project over the winter for my home qth and will be on a mast with a rotator.
If you are registering, please use your callsign as your username. If you don't have a callsign yet, use your firstname and the Initial from your last name, like John M
Questions and solutions about your antenna and feedline projects.
1 post • Page 1 of 1