Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IC-7300 SD card info
For the IC-7300 operators among us:

You can use SD or SDHC cards up to 32 GB (this is in the manual). Larger cards come formatted exFAT which won't work in the 7300.

If you're having trouble with a card, try the free SD card formatter that's downloadable from the SD Card Association (available for Win & Mac only, no Linux version Dodgy ). 
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Found this info on a QRZ.com forum thread.

Dave, VE3WI
I see there is a 7300 menu option that will format sd cards. But the sd card is a great feature of these radio's, 7300 7610 705 etc
Thanks Dave, good info.  Anything greater than a 32GB card in a 7300 is probably overkill unless you are doing lots of recording or screenshots.  I am using an old 32GB that is 20MB/s write but it is just the thing for a 7300.  I do a setting backup every month to ensure I am always able to recover just in case I sweep by a soft button and hit it without noticing.  Most people I know with a 7300 don't bother, but it is nice to be able to load settings in seconds.
I had some SD cards that had been formatted NTFS and my 9700 wouldn't recognize a card in the slot. I think I used an exfat format utility to get it recognized, then I ran the format utility in the 9700 to create all the folders on the card.