Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CW Decoding
Couple of weeks ago after working SST(Slow Speed Test) I received an email which sort of baffled me for a bit. By the way, SST is a mini one hour cw contest where max speed must be less than 20 wpm. and is held weekly on Fridays and Sundays. Unlike SKCC (Straight Key Century Club) contests where straight key must used, in SST any key/paddle may be used and helps to advance ops to toward the CWops 25 wpm requirement.

When this email showed up in my inbox, I didn't know what to think of it. Did I work this guy? Not in my log but obviously SST. 

I realized the guy cut a piece of his decoded cw software and it sent it me. Not sure why, but after the email exchange he just wanted to let me know he heard ve3fp in SC.

This is just to show how bad cw decoding can mean even at slow speeds.

First part should have read :
SST VE3FP CQ SST VE3FP VE3FP CQ SST NK3H GA ADAM ON .........
the rest if you can figure it, good luck. 

In my opinion the best decoding cw software is located between your ears. 

What do you think ???   Huh

Here is the transcript

rbruff@aol.com
to me

Q SST VE3FPICQ SST VE3FP VE3FP ETEQ SST 3P EE HINK3H GA ADAM ON E5IN V IRT*ITCHTU EPE IEQ SST XE3FPEQ SST VE3FP EE*Q SST VE3FP 55ET9N EI 5DM E T T T TEO S ER E I T A E T E E EE E I

M 3EE 5;Q SST VE3FP CQ SST VE3FP EEE<AR>Q HST VE3FP VE3FP S*Q SST VE3FP CQ ST VE3FP

Adam K <ve3izs@gmail.com>
Sorry Rob, I don't have you in my log. Some stations were weak today on 40m. 73, Adam ve3fp

rbruff@aol.com
to me
No problem Adam, Just wanted to let you know you were reaching Walterboro, SC. EM92qx

Adam K <ve3izs@gmail.com>
Ok, Thanks. 73 Adam ve3fp
73, Adam ve3fp