Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruce Peninsula Multi-sport Race HAM RADIO operator volunteers, SUNDAY August 8th
To all members of the GBARC group of hams and others that are interested, the Bruce Peninsula Multi-sport Race (BPMR) has set plans in motion to run the long race/course this summer on Sunday August 8th. GBARC ham radio operators have participated in the past with this race providing radio coverage over the long course where cell coverage is not possible in some cases. This is also an opportunity to test out our radio operations skills similar to an emergency reporting in with race status details. We deploy a mobile repeater to help with the long course race coverage with radio operators deployed across the length of the course. If you are interested in participating again or for the first time, get in touch with me (va3-guf@outlook.com) and register with BPMR also at

https://pasacanada.wordpress.com/volunteer/

as a HAM RADIO operator so that you are on their ham radio operator volunteer list. It is important that you also register with them so that they are aware as who is out on the course helping out. Do mention that you are a HAM RADIO operator or they will assign you to other volunteer duties.  There is also the opportunity to participate with radio coverage for the short courses on Saturday August 7th if you are interested with our main focus on the Sunday long course.

Once you have let me know you are interested and registered with BPMR, I will be in touch with you prior to the race letting you know what your assignment will be that day after you have checked in at the registration desk.

Cheers

Frank Gufler
ARES EC
VA3-GUF / VE0-GUF / VE0-VET
I have registered with BPMR and am available all weekend.

Do they need radio ops on Sat for the short race, as well as Sun for the long race?

Dave, VE3WI
Hi Dave, BPMR indicated a few operators yes for Saturday short races.  Need to arrange for the base station on Saturday first so at the moment will keep you in mind for Saturday.

Cheers

Frank

VA3-GUF