Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 Watts and a Wire - highly recommended for new HAM's
As a new HAM I got a lot of help, and inspiration from other HAM's. There's a lot to learn and all the experience of others is useful in figuring out how best to get on the air. Aside from interaction with members of GBARC I found a lot of really good HAM radio websites and youtube channels. One of my favorites was and is, 100 Watts and a Wire.

I really like this website because it focuses on really basic operating using simple gear. When just starting out in the hobby keeping things simple really is the best way to go. Mastering simple operations really helps when learning the essential fundamentals and how they apply to every aspect of radio. Getting well grounded (no pun intended) helps give one confidence. This site in particular is one place were getting grounded in the basics of amateur radio while having fun is actively encouraged.

Even if you've been a HAM for years, this site is a fun place to visit. However I can't recommend it highly enough for anyone who's just newly licensed. Following is a link to the site 100 Watts and A Wire