Poll: Are you interested in a daily 2m morning net?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would be interested.
100.00%
4 100.00%
Yes, but only on weekends.
0%
0 0%
No thank you, I like to drink my coffee alone.
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Morning 2m coffee net?
Would anyone be interested in a daily morning 2m "ragchew" net?  The VE3OST link appears to be holding up well (yes, my fingers are crossed.)  I have heard of several clubs having a daily morning net.  I usually hang out in the shack in the morning, drink coffee, listen to, check in to, or net control on ONTARS 3.755 and then spin the VFO knob looking for DX on the bands or check in to other nets (ECARS, SCARS, Wingnuts etc).  The Elmira club has a daily net that is very informal and doesn't last much longer than 30 minutes.  Maybe it has already been attempted with GBARC in the past and wasn't successful.
(2021-03-21, 09:37:51)VE3OZW Richard Wrote: Would anyone be interested in a daily morning 2m "ragchew" net?  The VE3OST link appears to be holding up well (yes, my fingers are crossed.)  I have heard of several clubs having a daily morning net.  I usually hang out in the shack in the morning, drink coffee, listen to, check in to, or net control on ONTARS 3.755 and then spin the VFO knob looking for DX on the bands or check in to other nets (ECARS, SCARS, Wingnuts etc).  The Elmira club has a daily net that is very informal and doesn't last much longer than 30 minutes.  Maybe it has already been attempted with GBARC in the past and wasn't successful.
The results are in!  Due to the low number of replies, I am going to suggest that we do not do anything formal at the moment (it was to be informal anyway) but to keep it simple.  I am usually monitoring VE3GBT in the morning while I am operating HF and drinking coffee.  I am going to suggest that we reserve the hour between 8am-9am as a “drop in” type net.  
Check in if you can and have time, no topics, just a meet up and simple ragchew and let the discussion take us where it does.  I am only looking to keep the repeaters active and the cobwebs off of them.  The link is working well, let’s use it.  It was a cold and windy day when we fixed it and I would like to see it get used plus get to know the rest of the club members.
Great idea, I’ll join in when I can. At 8am I’m just sucking in some coffee and waking up (retirement is a beautiful thing)
Doug McDougall Smile
(2021-04-07, 19:08:02)Ve3dgy Wrote: Great idea, I’ll join in when I can. At 8am I’m just sucking in some coffee and waking up (retirement is a beautiful thing)
Thanks Doug.  Yes retirement is wonderful and I am usually on my second cup at the same time and usually spinning the VFO knob on HF before I make an actual start to the day.