Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo - March 2021
If you enjoyed the first QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo, you'll be glad to hear they are doing it again this year. 

Live seminars on 13-14 March, after that the presentations can be viewed until 12 April.

https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/

Registration is open now, $10.00 US$

Dave, VE3WI
Here's a quick reference list of the presentations planned for this years' Virtual Ham Expo
Dave, VE3WI

Attached Files
.pdf   HamExpo2021Programs.pdf (Size: 94.84 KB / Downloads: 4)
Well, it wasn't a complete debacle, but close.  They were using a different software package called Airmeet.  Not nearly as user-friendly as what they used last year.  My e-ticket actually arrived, but I understand there were big problems with ticketing.

I had noted some presentations on Sat & Sun, to watch.  None of them were actually broadcast, due I presume to problems with the software.  The talks were all pre-recorded, but they couldn't get some of them to play I guess.  I looked in on several others.  Common issues were low quality video & poorly designed/delivered talks (nearly illegible slides, presenters just reading slide after slide, etc.) 

I did watch one very good presentation, on Meteor Scatter.  The presenter was NASA atmospheric scientist & meteor scatter enthusiast Dr. Rob Suggs, NN4NT.  It was very well done, & starting with zero knowledge, I learned a lot!  Might have a use now for that long 2m Yagi in my shed (actually I learned that 6m would be a better choice).

The software did have a neat feature called "lounges" which were basically a number of chatrooms for the vendor/sponsors and some organizations, like ARRL, where people could chat with reps, ask questions, etc.  Some vendors also had show specials for sale - I didn't buy anything.

I'm sure there's a lot of "lessons-learned" discussion going on among the organizers.  If the comments I saw being posted are any indication, they will have lots of feedback & it won't need much analysis!  I hope they hang in there & try again as the idea is a good one.

Dave, VE3WI