Poll: Will you be participating in 2021 Winter Field day with your HF radio? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
71.43%
71.43%
NO
28.57%
28.57%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2021 Winter Field Day Jan 30-31

To all GBARC members and guests,

This year winter field day will be like the June field day, an individual operator event with club submissions possible.  For those interested in participating in 2021 Winter Field Day, answer the polling question YES or NO to if you will be participating.

Later on, there will be instructions as to how to set up N1MM call logger for a GBARC submission afterwards with the club identified as GEORGIAN BAY ARC. and following Field Day instructions on how to extract the logs for club submission.  This forum will be used as a place to go for questions and answers.

Cheers

I am not an N1MM user because it is a Windows program only. I use CQRLog on my Linux machine. Unfortunately, despite all its outstanding contesting features, CQRLog does not have an option for Cabrillo format. However, I can output my results in ADIF format and convert them to Cabrillo using an online conversion utility. This is what I did for ARRL Field Day last June.

(2020-12-18, 22:39:58)VA3KOT John Wrote:  I am not an N1MM user because it is a Windows program only. I use CQRLog on my Linux machine. Unfortunately, despite all its outstanding contesting features, CQRLog does not have an option for Cabrillo format. However, I can output my results in ADIF format and convert them to Cabrillo using an online conversion utility. This is what I did for ARRL Field Day last June.

Hi John,

If others are in a similar situation, would be able to help them if needed to get the log files in Cabrillo format?  I would like to make it easier for those that would like the assistance.  Only reason I picked N1MM is because we have been using that at all our Field Days since I have been attending and possibly also before.

Cheers

Frank
VA3-GUF

If anybody needs help with ADIF/Cabrillo conversion I can help. Or, people using a logger that doesn't support Cabrillo (like my copy of CQRLog v2.4.0) can just Google "online ADIF/Cabrillo conversion".

Anyone operating Winter Field Day 2021 which is Jan 30/21 starting 1900 UTC (2:00 pm EST) can use any logging software you are comfortable with and can log the the following exchange
Call sign, Class + Category, ARRL Section and submit results in Cabrillo format
Winter Field Day Rules: https://a2a53e2b-2285-4083-9cff-c99fe5ba...dba103.pdf

Among the most widely used contesting software are TR4W, N3FJP and N1MM+ which the club used in the past and many are already familiar with it.

To get N1MM set up for WFD you need to have most current version of N1MM installed. 
Download and unzip in the User Defined Contest directory (https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/wfda-zip/).

Test your setup prior to contest. N1MM updates software regularly, usually on Tuesdays. 

Good luck and happy contesting.  Smile

73, Adam ve3fp

I will be ONE-HOTEL, operating off my generator. 

Couple of projects to finish first: a new mount for PC monitor & some pushbuttons in a little box to transmit the voice memories from my IC-7300.

Dave, VE3WI

John, if you have lots of time and like aggravation, you might be able to get N1MM+ running on Linux with WINE:

https://www.nf8m.com/nf8m/n1mm-on-linux/

good luck

Dave, VE3WI