Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bearcat UNIDEN BC796D scanner help
This email was sent to the club as an inquiry, if you can help out send email to Bill Directly
bjarvis@wightman.ca
or call  519 889 1061

---------------------------------------------------

Hi There,

Sorry to bother you. This is not a “Ham” query.  But hopefully someone in your club can help me.
I purchased a Bearcat UNIDEN BC796D scanner from Bill’s TV  Mildmay several years ago and it has been working great. Bill warned to keep my fingers off the buttons as he has it all programmed.
BUT by  my own fault I went exploring (curiousity) into the MENU to see what was in there  and have accidentally entered by mistake something I should not have.
Scanner is still scanning/working ok but with an issue on some “toned” or “trunked” ?? frequencies. 
I am now afraid of trying to undo what I have done in case I make it worse.
My email to your Club (found on Internet) is to ask if any of your members have experience on this digital scanner or know of someone or a  business  I can turn to for help?
I will gladly reimburse for time spent.
Thankyou,

Bill Jarvis

bjarvis@wightman.ca
519 889 1061

BEARCAT UNIDEN BC796D Scanner
(2020-10-05, 13:55:37)VA3TS Tom Wrote: This email was sent to the club as an inquiry, if you can help out send email to Bill Directly
bjarvis@wightman.ca
or call  519 889 1061

---------------------------------------------------

Hi There,

Sorry to bother you. This is not a “Ham” query.  But hopefully someone in your club can help me.
I purchased a Bearcat UNIDEN BC796D scanner from Bill’s TV  Mildmay several years ago and it has been working great. Bill warned to keep my fingers off the buttons as he has it all programmed.
BUT by  my own fault I went exploring (curiousity) into the MENU to see what was in there  and have accidentally entered by mistake something I should not have.
Scanner is still scanning/working ok but with an issue on some “toned” or “trunked” ?? frequencies. 
I am now afraid of trying to undo what I have done in case I make it worse.
My email to your Club (found on Internet) is to ask if any of your members have experience on this digital scanner or know of someone or a  business  I can turn to for help?
I will gladly reimburse for time spent.
Thankyou,

Bill Jarvis

bjarvis@wightman.ca
519 889 1061

BEARCAT UNIDEN BC796D Scanner

I forwarded this on to Jerry VA3JL.  I have the same scanner and he programmed it for me,