Donation to GBARC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These have been donated to the club by Bill VA3WGO of Owen Sound. They were envisioned as an aid to help new radio enthusiast learn morse code and have been sitting in a box for some time I’m told, so I checked them out and tested where I could. Heathkit produced the HD-1416 code practice oscillator from late 1974 to 1991.
This one has been tested and works fine, includes an original manual and a key.  $30

These 4, sold individually, are nearly completed, but not quite. The speaker, battery leads have to be soldered in and the batt holder mounted. Some hardware may be missing but the circuit boards look complete. No Manual is included but a key for each on is included. A bargain at $20 each
[url=https://people.ohio.edu/postr/bapix/HD-1416.htm][/url] 
Email for a pdf of the manual and schematic

This has 1 oscillator in unbuilt condition, it appears all parts are there, empty board, case, speaker, electronic components but to make sure you will get at least one, 2 others that are built but missing parts are included as well. In addition, an original manual and key are also included.  $25
Prices are firm

Ungar 50 Watt soldering iron, tested ok, comes with stand and solder  $10

All funds go to GBARC
These have been donated to the club by Bill VA3WGO of Owen Sound. They were envisioned as an aid to help new radio enthusiast learn morse code and have been sitting in a box for some time I’m told, so I checked them out and tested where I could. Heathkit produced the HD-1416 code practice oscillator from late 1974 to 1991.
This one has been tested and works fine, includes an original manual and a key.  $30

These 4, sold individually, are nearly completed, but not quite. The speaker, battery leads have to be soldered in and the batt holder mounted. Some hardware may be missing but the circuit boards look complete. No Manual is included but a key for each on is included. A bargain at $20 each

This has 1 oscillator in unbuilt condition, it appears all parts are there, empty board, case, speaker, electronic components but to make sure you will get at least one, 2 others that are built but missing parts are included as well. In addition, an original manual and key are also included.  $25
Prices are firm

All funds go to GBARC
(2020-09-10, 19:04:29)VA3TS Tom Wrote: These have been donated to the club by Bill VA3WGO of Owen Sound. They were envisioned as an aid to help new radio enthusiast learn morse code and have been sitting in a box for some time I’m told, so I checked them out and tested where I could. Heathkit produced the HD-1416 code practice oscillator from late 1974 to 1991.

Prices are firm

All funds go to GBARC
Tom, I may be interested in the soldering iron. I have a very nice Ungar soldering station but the tip needs replacing. Unfortunately Ungar no longer makes soldering irons and the tips are no longer available. If the tip fits my iron then I'm a buyer. John VA3KOT
John, VA3KOT
SKCC #11989T NAQCC #7155 FISTS #19777
May the Morse be with you.
(2020-09-10, 19:04:29)VA3TS Tom Wrote: These have been donated to the club by Bill VA3WGO of Owen Sound. They were envisioned as an aid to help new radio enthusiast learn morse code and have been sitting in a box for some time I’m told, so I checked them out and tested where I could. Heathkit produced the HD-1416 code practice oscillator from late 1974 to 1991.

Prices are firm

All funds go to GBARC
Tom, I may be interested in the soldering iron. I have a very nice Ungar soldering station but the tip needs replacing. Unfortunately Ungar no longer makes soldering irons and the tips are no longer available. If the tip fits my iron then I'm a buyer. John VA3KOT
John, VA3KOT
SKCC #11989T NAQCC #7155 FISTS #19777
May the Morse be with you.
The soldering iron and 2 of the nearly completed kits are sold or spoken for.
The soldering iron and 2 of the nearly completed kits are sold or spoken for.
Thanks to all who have bought one of these, all funds go to the club..as of today, I have 1 nearly completed keyer left.... 73
Thanks to all who have bought one of these, all funds go to the club..as of today, I have 1 nearly completed keyer left.... 73