VE3MIO Maureen
VA3KOT John
VE3BQM Bernie
VE3PAV Bobbie
VE3RQY Greg
VE3IJD Gene
VE3DGY Doug
VE3RWY Rob (NC)
Nice job Rob, we seem to be getting a decent enough following, net control stations can include myself, yourself, va3kot, ve3bqm, ve3mio. That is 5, but a few more would be better. I guess my hope is that someone will take over and be the net co-ordinator and take care of maintaining a net station list, even make a chart showing the week and the volunteer NCS. It would be great to have 8 then a person would only have to do NCS once in 2 months. So maybe users who see this can throw their hat in the ring and maybe one will be the co-ordinator.
(2020-09-09, 21:27:39)VA3TS Tom Wrote: Nice job Rob, we seem to be getting a decent enough following, net control stations can include myself, yourself, va3kot, ve3bqm, ve3mio. That is 5, but a few more would be better. I guess my hope is that someone will take over and be the net co-ordinator and take care of maintaining a net station list, even make a chart showing the week and the volunteer NCS. It would be great to have 8 then a person would only have to do NCS once in 2 months. So maybe users who see this can throw their hat in the ring and maybe one will be the co-ordinator.
Tom, I would be willing to take on the role of net coordinator if you'll have me. I was net coordinator for Dufferin ARES for 2 years before moving to OS.
John VA3KOT

(2020-09-09, 21:07:50)Rob_Walker Wrote: VHF:
VE3VCG Marvin
VA3TS Tom
VE3MIO Maureen
VA3KOT John
VE3BQM Bernie
VE3PAV Bobbie
VE3RQY Greg
VE3IJD Gene
VE3DGY Doug
VE3RWY Rob (NC)
A very good job Rob. Despite a couple of small difficulties at the beginning you kept your cool and maintained control of the net. A quick tip; the NCS (Net Control Station) for the VHF net usually runs the HF net immediately afterwards. I know you have just setup your station and that may be difficult for you. I originally suggested the HF net should be an uncontrolled net and Tom disagreed. Tom was right; last night's HF net would have definitely benefitted from a controller.
(2020-09-10, 11:00:53)VA3KOT John Wrote: Tom, I would be willing to take on the role of net coordinator if you'll have me. I was net coordinator for Dufferin ARES for 2 years before moving to OS.
John VA3KOT
This is all volunteer, so I don't feel like I have any say in who volunteers for this or anything else, be that net control, fox hunts, hamfests, meetings, forum posts or what have you. The facts are, I have been doing many things for the club and I would really like to get a few things off my plate, such as this and delegated examiner and event co-ordinator for more than a few events on our events page. So my position is "welcome aboard" and thanks.
Hi John,

I am hoping my 80m issues will be over by the end of October when the tree company comes in to prune my trees and makes room for my dipole.  Right now, all I have are the verticals for 80m and they are very noisy.  I really enjoyed the 2m net and would be glad to keep my name on the roster for that.  Maybe someone could split shifts with me for now Smile 

73 Rob VE3RWY
(2020-09-11, 08:02:42)Rob_Walker Wrote: Hi John,

I am hoping my 80m issues will be over by the end of October when the tree company comes in to prune my trees and makes room for my dipole.  Right now, all I have are the verticals for 80m and they are very noisy.  I really enjoyed the 2m net and would be glad to keep my name on the roster for that.  Maybe someone could split shifts with me for now Smile 

73 Rob VE3RWY
Ok Rob. I'll split shifts with you until you are QRV/80m.