Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events in Washington DC
I would like to thank Marvin VE3VCG for alerting me to an unusual bulletin issued on Sunday by the FCC. It essentially reminds radio amateurs not to use their equipment for illegal purposes. I have attached the FCC document to this post.

It has been reported that essential radiocommunications within Washington are being jammed. As we all know, the inauguration of President Biden is due to take place on Wednesday 20th January. The authorities have put extraordinary security measures in place including 25,000 troops, razor wire around essential buildings and a security lockdown of the entire city.

If the FCC bulletin is suggesting that amateur radio equipment is involved in the jamming of communications we should all be very vigilant in not contributing to any discussion of US politics on the air. Such discussion could lead to suspension or cancellation of our licences. Although we all hope that no such suspension will take place it should be pointed that it did happen during World War 2 to protect national security.

Let us all hope that this is an over-reaction by security services and that Wednesday will pass peacefully and ham radio will continue to be a friendly, harmless hobby.

Attached Files
.pdf   DA-21-73A1.pdf (Size: 99.8 KB / Downloads: 2)
John VA3KOT
Blog: HamRadioOutsideTheBox.ca