Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abbree Antenna's Good, Bad or Silly
(2021-05-10, 07:37:47)VA3KOT Wrote: Thanks for your reply. I agree that a rat tail counterpoise is a good idea. I bought a speaker mic for the Baofeng because I also got an RF tingle when transmitting on mine. I also found that the little beast gets darn hot if I transmit for any length of time. I suppose that's a good indicator to let me know I'm being to long winded Wink . I think I mentioned that I used the ABBREE antenna to make a simplex contact with Jan, with me standing in front of the New Orleans Pizza store in Port Elgin and She at our home QTH. That is at least 15 K line of sight.

I own an Abree and it does work well; but then a wet noodle would work well from my QTH. The video does make a good point about the "other half" being the user's head. I often get an RF tingle in my hand when transmitting with  my Baofeng. A rat tail counterpoise might help and it is probably a good idea to use a speaker/mic to keep the radio away from my noggin.

Messages In This Thread
Abbree Antenna's Good, Bad or Silly - by Marvin VE3VCG - 2021-05-09, 20:20:53
RE: Abbree Antenna's Good, Bad or Silly - by Marvin VE3VCG - 2021-05-10, 11:12:07