Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The workings of a 4 Bay Dipole antenna
(2021-02-11, 08:19:39)VA3-GUF-Frank Wrote: The attachment file is the Feb 09/2021 GBARC technical presentation.  The antenna I took apart was a 4 bay 70cm was the main soucre of photos and reference for the presentation.  The 4 bay unit did not have any 1/4 wave matching coax in the grounded feed arm of the folded dipole.  The 1/4 matching coax of a different impedance is used to make the antenna once completed a 50 ohm device.  Would probably be needed for the 2 bay or 1 bay antenna.  As part of phasing a multiple bay antenna, matching coax of different impedance may be needed but was not used on the reference 4 bay 70cm unit I used.

From the questions and follow-up emails, the info presented about the 4 bay diople appeared to be of great interest to those present.  I know for me it changed the way I thought how they were made.  If you were not there, you may find this interesting as well.

Cheers

Frank

VA3-GUF / VE0-GUF / VE0-VET

Hi Frank it is normal that the PDF is truncated on the right of each pages..  It seem i am missing some stuff on many pages..
[Image: image.png]
73, de Daniel VA2DG

Messages In This Thread
RE: The workings of a 4 Bay Dipole antenna - by VA2DG-Daniel - 2021-11-20, 20:49:51